Resistance Flexibility with Bob Cooley
December 16, 2016
Friday, December 16th — 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
@ Yoga Loft
954 Old Post Road
Bedford, NY 10506
This event is open to all ages, abilities, and levels of experience.
The only prerequisite is an interest.
This is a great way to be introduced to Resistance Flexibility.
About Resistance Flexibility
The Genius of Flexibility introduces the Resistance Flexibility™ (RF) training of Bob Cooley. Resistance Flexibility advances and unites physical therapy, yoga, personal training, psychology, traditional Chinese medicine, and Genetic Personality Type theory.
Resistance Flexibility is a unique, hands-on modality used to develop athletes and performers, rehabilitate the severely and ordinarily injured, and help people of all walks of life achieve their goals. Based on an original biomechanical and energetic analysis of the body and personality, RF achieves unprecedented results.
This workshop is designed to introduce participants to the concepts, principles, and practice of RF. This includes basic self stretches, basic assisted stretches, and an introduction to the physiological, psychological, emotional, and spiritual upgrades that RF can facilitate.
This course includes lots of physical activity, but you work at your own pace. Variations are taught for every exercise allowing people of all ages and abilities to fully participate.
Preview of Concepts Covered
This course will teach you new concepts about flexibility such as...
- Inflexibility is not caused solely by tense muscles, but by the dense fascia and/or scar tissue that has accumulated in and around the muscles.
- You must continuously resist and contract a muscle while lengthening it in order to exceed the tensile strength of the accumulated dense fascia which results in immediate increases in flexibility and strength.
- Most of the increases in flexibility occur when the muscle starts in a position where it is as short as possible and then lengthened, not at the end point of the stretch where the muscle is already fully elongated.
- The flexibility of a muscle is not just limited by its own health and ability, but by the shortening capacity of its balancing muscle group.
- It is commonly thought that simply weight training a muscle increases its ability to shorten, however, the ability of a muscle to shorten is dependent on its resistance flexibility.
- Range of motion does not equate to flexibility. True flexibility includes the health of the tissue and the muscle's ability to continuously and fully contract concentrically, eccentrically, and isometrically throughout that range. Extreme range of motion is often an indicator of hyper mobility potentially leading to instability and damage of the joint structures.
- Stretching is not just a physical activity, but has direct and predictable associations with the physiological, psychological, emotional, and spiritual parts of a person.
- Stretching is not just a solo activity. Maximal results require the participation of others through assisted stretching.
- ...and so much more!
This is a great workshop to take before attending a certification course, which provides a deeper learning experience.
Bob Cooley is internationally known as an expert on biomechanical flexibility and strength, and its relation to physiological and psychological health, authoring: The Genius of Flexibility — The smart way to stretch and strengthen your body (Simon and Schuster 2005) and Resistance Flexibility 1.0 (2016). He is also known for his GPT theories and research, authoring: The 16 Geniuses — Sixteen Genetic Personality Types (forthcoming).
Through action research in biomechanics, Bob Cooley discovered Resistance Flexibility Technology (RFT). Flexibility is commonly thought as being dependent on muscles and other tissues but he identified that fascia controls the flexibility and developed RFT that eliminates accumulated dense fascia and scar tissue (ADFST) resulting in immediate, cumulative and permanent increases in flexibility. This technology is based on the principle that resisting and contracting while stretching eliminates ADFST that resulted from traumas, whether physical, emotional, spiritual, or psychological.
“The health and sustainability of the planet is a reflection of your personal health and sustainability.”
Thank you for registering
We look forward to stretching with you!
You should receive an email confirmation shortly.
Becoming flexible in all ways...