Oh, Those 16 Geniuses with Bob Cooley
What’s my type?
Santa Barbara, CA
October 30, 2013
Wednesday, October 30th — 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
@ Yoga Soup
28 Parker Way
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
This event is open to all ages, abilities, and levels of experience.
The only prerequisite is an interest.
This is a great way to be introduced to Resistance Flexibility.
About Resistance Flexibility
The Genius of Flexibility introduces the Resistance Flexibility™ (RF) training of Bob Cooley. Resistance Flexibility advances and unites physical therapy, yoga, personal training, psychology, traditional Chinese medicine, and Genetic Personality Type theory.
Resistance Flexibility is a unique, hands-on modality used to develop athletes and performers, rehabilitate the severely and ordinarily injured, and help people of all walks of life achieve their goals. Based on an original biomechanical and energetic analysis of the body and personality, RF achieves unprecedented results.
This workshop is designed to introduce participants to the concepts, principles, and practice of RF. This includes basic self stretches, basic assisted stretches, and an introduction to the physiological, psychological, emotional, and spiritual upgrades that RF can facilitate.
This course includes lots of physical activity, but you work at your own pace. Variations are taught for every exercise allowing people of all ages and abilities to fully participate.
Preview of Concepts Covered
This course will teach you new concepts about flexibility such as...
- Inflexibility is not caused solely by tense muscles, but by the dense fascia and/or scar tissue that has accumulated in and around the muscles.
- You must continuously resist and contract a muscle while lengthening it in order to exceed the tensile strength of the accumulated dense fascia which results in immediate increases in flexibility and strength.
- Most of the increases in flexibility occur when the muscle starts in a position where it is as short as possible and then lengthened, not at the end point of the stretch where the muscle is already fully elongated.
- The flexibility of a muscle is not just limited by its own health and ability, but by the shortening capacity of its balancing muscle group.
- It is commonly thought that simply weight training a muscle increases its ability to shorten, however, the ability of a muscle to shorten is dependent on its resistance flexibility.
- Range of motion does not equate to flexibility. True flexibility includes the health of the tissue and the muscle's ability to continuously and fully contract concentrically, eccentrically, and isometrically throughout that range. Extreme range of motion is often an indicator of hyper mobility potentially leading to instability and damage of the joint structures.
- Stretching is not just a physical activity, but has direct and predictable associations with the physiological, psychological, emotional, and spiritual parts of a person.
- Stretching is not just a solo activity. Maximal results require the participation of others through assisted stretching.
- ...and so much more!
This is a great workshop to take before attending a certification course, which provides a deeper learning experience.
More than two decades ago I discovered sixteen genetic personality types, I call them the sixteen geniuses.
Once you know about types,
for the rest of your life,
anytime you meet anyone,
you may always think and forever be unable not to think,
the indelible question:
"What type is this person?"
I initially discovered the types from within my own body, while attempting to rehabilitate myself from a tragic pedestrian automobile accident, and not as you probably conceptualized by me being a paleontologist at a remote archeological dig or as an academic researcher stumbling into rare scrolls in an ancient library. One way to identify each type is to name them by two of their most exceptional high traits. I’m wondering... which one of the 16 types are you?
The Genius of Decision Making and Devotion (GB)
The Genius of Freedom and Giving (LV)
The Genius of Truth and Power (LU)
The Genius of Perfection and Completion (LI)
The Genius of Sobriety and Self-Knowing (ST)
The Genius of Peace and Communication (PA)
The Genius of Unconditional Love and Right Action (HE)
The Genius of Creativity and Passion (SI)
The Genius of Mastery and Problem Solving (BR)
The Genius of Intimacy and Will (SE)
The Open and Judicious Genius of Openness and Judiciousness (PE)
The Genius of Athletics and Community (SK)
The Genius of Hope and Honesty (BL)
The Genius of Understanding and Humor (KI)
The Genius of Change and Integrity (AP)
The Genius of Healing and Soul (TH)